Novelist Liam Shea

Novelist Liam Shea
Click to Purchase - Click to Purchase - Click tp Purchase - Click to Purchase - Click to Purchase - Click to Purchase

Friday, September 27, 2019

A word about pleasing critics

I write a review of my day:
I awoke and climbed out of bed... Hum, that sounds like I live in a treehouse. can't say that.
Rather, I stepped out of bed... Humm, My readers might think I sleep standing up. NO.
I slipped out of bed. Hummm, I don't want to appear creepy.

Edited copy:
I stayed in bed all day... Hum, sounds lazy. Is that a good thing?
In bed, I opened my eyes. Oh no... I don't want people to think I was inside the mattress, maybe I should say I was on the bed?

Administrative Decision:
As I lay on the bed I dared not open my eyes... Surely that's a statement my editor will approve of.

LOL - Writing is such hard work.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A passage from 'Midday's Starless Midnight' by Liam Shea:

A passage from 'Midday's Starless Midnight' by Liam Shea: I t was the day after Donald Wiseman asked Margret Michaels to m...